Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

FromThe Entry Way

This is the front door. You can see I squeezed in my little coat-hat rack next to it. My school-age child needs this when he walks in the door, else things would be a-scattered all over.


Now imagine you are standing on the rug looking into the rest of the house. Turning to the right you would see the dining room. This is without flash, with the chandelier on, giving you the full warm-lighting look. We have not eaten at our dining room yet. Its time to get that tradition going again. We also need to start inviting all the people that have fed us in the past couple of months.
Standing in the dining room, this is the view facing into the great room. Its not a great picture, but you can see the picture on the far right. That is my poppy pic that used to be above my fireplace. Now its above the staircase, which is just next to the dining room, so the poppy flowers on the dining room table and the photo still look like they go together. The server now hosts my Willow Tree sculptures. They have all been gifts, and are meaningful to me.
Just exit the dining room and this is a small wall/hall separating the kitchen/great room/dining room. Because you don't see it from the front door, I am using it for my organization station. The calendar I had before. The wire file organizers will keep me from losing all the papers that come home, coupons I need to remember to use, and give me a place to hold the ward directory and my weekly menus. Just today I grabbed the coupon folder on my way to the store. I had a coupon for $2.00 off Rimmel make-up. The eyeliner that I am getting low on, was only $3.57. What a deal I got. I am glad I have a place to find coupons easily now. No more putting them in a drawer!

Standing in the entry way facing left, you would look at these french doors. They lead to the office. MyGirl, of course, hiding her face from the camera, but its nice to have a space to hold two computer desks, four tall bookshelves, one low bookshelf, two drawers of filing cabinets, and now the pink chair - our reading corner. I also put my diploma on the wall in there today, marking it MY office too, not just for the kids and their dad. :-)And, in the daytime, when the blinds are open, you can see Pike's Peak. . . so that's the grand tour.

No comments: