Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Studio J

Shocking as it is, today I cleaned the microwave, shook out the dirty rugs, cleaned my room and the kitchen and then I scrapbooked - All Day! Unless I was helping MyGirl with her Algebra and until it was time to get back to real life before making dinner. Studio J on the Close To My Heart website has been around for a couple of years I think. But, this month I finally made the choice to do digital pages. The reason? I haven't scrapbooked in five months. And, I am behind, more than I have been in a looooong time. So, when I realized how many I have to do, and how no photos are printed, except for LittleBuddy's baseballs ones from last April and May, I had to do something about that. There is a Walgreen's close-by and and a Walmart, but I haven't liked Walmart's photos much before. And, the on-line ones I've tried usually cut off part of my photos, giving me less than a true 4 x 6 print, so I thought, I'd give Studio J a try.

There are different ways you can try it. Originally I thought I'd try the three- month plan, but when I saw how much I'd save and how much more I'd get with the year membership I went for it. I started a couple of pages over the weekend, then today I did eight more double-page spreads, journaling, embellishing, everything! Really they went by pretty quick. The slowest part for me was thinking about what exactly I wanted to say, and I did change my mind a couple of times on the papers I wanted to use, resulting in a definitely slow-down there, but over-all I thought they went together pretty quick, and like anything, the more I do it, the faster I'll get, I'm sure.

When you have ten, they offer free shipping, and page protectors, so I was aiming for ten, and sure enough, I got them done. The other bonus for me is that because I am still a consultant, I get commission (in other words, a price break of 22% off) for the photos plus the membership so I'm appreciating that. They should be printed in 3-4 days it said, and then FedEx'd to me - can't wait! From what I hear the quality is really nice, so I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself.

Then, afterwards, LittleBuddy's baseball photos were calling to me, so I went and put those together too, just finishing when MyMike walked through the door. So fun, a little creative play again. I've been working for so long without a lot of creative play, I was in need of a break.And, I had to test out if my organization for my craft area worked for me or not. It did work well. I like having my big table within arm's reach, so it made it easy to rest things like my trimmer there when my desk was filled with paper and glue.

So, that was my day. LittleBuddy and I hung out together all evening and we all finished the evening with scripture and prayer, so it feels like everything that was needed happened, and what wasn't needed was at least enjoyable!

No comments: