Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Personality

I've told you about my lack of direction for the great room. Should I get a plant? How to bring it out of stark neutrality? Do I get curtains?

Well I found the answer, without even looking. I was at a store getting a couple of replacement plates for ones that broke, and as I wandered the store, there was a rug that I just knew immediately was right for my room. It matched all the pillows I already had, and the edge of the rug was the same color as my sofas. Like my mom says, "When its right you know it, and you have to get it or it won't be there next time."

While it may be hard for me to make some decisions, this one was super easy, because I just knew it was right. It gives the room a personality now. It needed color and pattern and a way to tie in the blue stone on the fireplace, and brown sofas, and the red and orangey accents I have around.

So I moved the great room rug to the dining room rug and its perfect for that room, not competing with the rug in front of the front door. Then I moved the poppies closer to the poppy picture, and now the dining room table feels better with the apples back on it.

And, the red chair, was just what I needed to bring in more seating without blocking the outside views and because it swivels, if there is something great to see out the windows, its easy to just turn and look. So, I'm happy that the room is reflecting some personality after two months of feeling unfinished.




No comments: