Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Food

I'm talking about food today.
My parents are here. We are busy every day on outings and instead of being frugal and pack lunches, we go out. Every DAY!

Fortunately, I've found salads and healthy choices along the way, but yesterday I just really wanted a burger, and we were at Good Times, so why not? Everything they use is fresh, the meat has no antibiotics, the rasberry lemonade is fresh squeezed and has real raspberry pieces in it. I had no intention of passing that goodness up and so I got the burger with mushrooms and swiss cheese - delish!

Then there was the party planned for watching the BYU game. (Nail-biting and then sad, but that's old news now.) For our party, everyone decided it was going to be: Papa Murphy's pizzas, sodas, another green salad, and dessert - S'more pizza (chocolatey, marshmallowing, grahamy goodness!)

And, tonight, my parent's last night here, we all planned on eating at the Texas Roadhouse. Mike hasn't been with us all week at all our lunch stops, and he loves their prime rib and so does my dad, so we had to go. And, those melt off the bone ribs were calling my name!

Earlier this week I was fitting into the size smaller jeans I can't always fit into, and they were less snuggly than normal, with all our hiking and walking. I'm afraid if I tried them on tomorrow things wouldn't be so good.

So, officially, I am back in healthy mode. Its time for my monthy menu planning and I'm ready. Its a challenge to keep with it, and I've learned that I don't expect myself to never enjoy yummy things (sweets, red meat, etc.) but I also know that I feel better inside when I eat healthier. And, I feel better when I walk more, so back to the treadmill I'll go next week.

For now, I'll just say that we have had many culinary experiences this week, and I've only cooked a few meals. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in that mode again too, and when I'm feeling deprived of the Yum stuff, remember back to this week, and how undeprived I was!

No comments: