Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just a Quick Note

This little hallway is one of the favorite parts of my house. Its my organizing center, hidden from the front door, and yet right off the kitchen. I keep 12 file folders, labeled, so when I need important papers, all I have to do is pull out the folder, look through it quickly, and voila - ready. I remember my painter telling me what a great place that would be for an art niche, and I thought to myself, why I would put a great piece of art where nobody sees it? Beautiful art should be shared. And, since I am a practical person, having a house of order makes me feel happy. The 12 labels are:
School Info
Church Directory
Bills
Scouts/Trek
Menu/Recipes
Coupons
My Calling
Receipts
Invitations/Announcements
Calendaring
One with a small spiral binder in it so when I need to write something down, I've got a place to hold those important household notes, like which paint color is where.
And one is blank, you just never know when you need something new to find a place for in your life.
And, I wrote everything on the labels in pencil, so when life changes, I can too.

I'm so much enjoying a simpler life, and being organized helps it to stay simple.

No comments: